Jan 23, 2016

Scrapbook 100 photos challenge | Session 2 - video

I made it to the second scrapbooking session of this challenge and I have to say, I did much better than my first session.  Each layout went quicker and I used more photos.  And when I say quicker I mean QUICK!  I can actually say I made a layout in 15 minutes!!  Yes, I said 15 minutes!!  This challenge has truly got me to do aMaZiNg things!!  
(happy dance complete)  :)

In this session, the photos I had were from one event - a camping trip.  Even though all the photos were from the same time and event, I didn't make the layouts the same, nor do they match each other.  I don't think that is necessary to do - I see each layout as unique and work with them as individual pages.  Even though I still had the same kit of supplies to choose from, each layout turned out different from each other and I was able to use designer paper that was in my stash for a long time.  So multiple successes here.

I discovered this time around that the more photos you have on one layout - there is less room to embellish.  This may seem like an obvious observation, but I typically only scrap 1-3 photos on a layout - so to scrap more like 6 on one layout is new for me.  This simple reality I think helped make these layouts a snap to put together...of course along with having my pre-chosen supplies and a base sketch to go off of.

Two sessions down, I've only used up 2 hours and 15 minutes of my 7 hour challenge, and I have put 24 photos on layouts - out of the 100 goal.  I think I'm moving along well.

Check out my video below to see session 2 and how my layouts turned out.  Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you in my next session of this challenge!  Get scrapping!




No comments:

Post a Comment