Jun 7, 2014

Graduation Card and Video


This is the time for graduations and the beginning of summer.  I really love this 'season' since it is a time of change and usually nice weather.  This year my kids are moving on to 7th grade and 6th grade!  Time is going by quickly.  My nieces and nephews are still in grade school and moving up to 3rd grade, 6th grade, and 10th grade.  But we did have one friend of ours who graduated high school this year.  So that's who I made this card for.  I really think the sentiment of "the sky's the limit" is appropriate for a graduation card.  I hope all the graduates out there take some time off to enjoy their youth, but also reflect on their future and what they will now do with themselves.
Now, on to the card (scroll down for the video).  I used the two step stamping set Up Up and Away from Stampin' Up!  I like two step stamping for the look that you get and the combinations of colors and patterns are almost endless.  But the negative is that it does take some time, since the stamps are not clear, I had to use my Stamp-a-ma-jig.  This is a great tool and I show you how to use it in my video below.  But it does add steps and takes some time to use multiple times.  
I then had an epic fail trying to be frugal.  I tried to used painter's tape as a mask on my card.  But it was too sticky and the scratch paper I used it on, just tore when I tried to remove the tape.  So...I think I need to invest in either the real masking paper or the post it notes that are fully covered with adhesive.  I'll have to do some price comparisons since I am still trying to be frugal on paper that will just get used once and then tossed.
After that fail though, the rest of the card came together quite nicely.  I hope you enjoy the video and the design of the card. Scroll down below the video for a list of products used on this card.




Products Used:
Stamps:  Up Up and Away - Stampin' Up!; VC0053 (cloud stamp) - Studio G; Smitty's ABCs - Lawn Fawn; Congratulations C2734 - Hero Arts
Inks: Marina Mist, Pacific Point, Calypso Coral, Basic Gray; Basic Black - Stampin' Up!; Chicken Feed - Jenny Bowlin
Tools: Post It's; stamp-a-ma-jig; scissors, sponges

1 comment:

  1. Awesomely done card! Love the way you did the blue skies with clouds! Lovely colors and all around eye-pleasing card!! Taunya Butler at https://daisiesgirl.com

    ReplyDelete